by Pablo Picasso
Pablo Picasso spent his summers on the sunny Cote d’Azur, South of France.
In 1946 Picasso visited Vallauris for the annual pottery exhibition, where he was inspired by the quality of the Madoura works. Owners; Suzanne and Georges Ramié, gave him access to their workshop and all their tools. This allowed Picasso to express his creativity with ceramics. Ceramics helped Picasso relax in the Summer, and he went on to sell his pieces.
This particular work is inscribed with ‘No 197 Edition Picasso Madoura’ and numbered 347/500 in black paint on the underside.